Here's one of my recent favorite recipes :)
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 2 tbsp of milk or cream
- 1 tbsp oil
- Asparagus - one bunch
- Bell peppers - one cup or 1 green or red bell pepper
- Half a red onion
- Lots of freshly ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- Chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup of a blend of Spanish cheeses.
- Chop the asparagus and bell peppers to about 2-3" in height. Chop onion in long slivers.
- Add olive oil to an oven (broiler) safe and stove top safe pan (Use a 10" omelette pan). Fry the onion and the asparagus till the onions turn pink and asparagus becomes a bit softer. Add the bell peppers and continue cooking.
- Meanwhile, break all eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add paprika, milk, salt and pepper and chopped parsley. Beat it with a fork till it is just blended.
- Dump the egg mixture onto the pan. Cook until the bottom starts cooking. Fold the bottom layers up and push the top layers below. This is to cook all of the eggs more evenly otherwise the bottom egg layer will get overly brown.
- Cook until the mixture sets a bit i.e. isn't very liquid -y but the top hasn't cooked fully. Meanwhile, turn your broiler on High.
- Sprinkle over some cheese and continue cooking under the broiler for about 2-3 minutes depending on the intensity of the broiler flame. Cook until the cheese and eggs have browned on top. Remember to keep an eye on your broiler, these are notorious for burning foods.
- Once you take it out, leave the dish alone for at least a couple of minutes. The frittata will continue cooking in the residual heat. Cut in slices and enjoy with some bread and other brunch goodies.